Thursday, January 13, 2011

Frigid Morning Walk

Today was my day to walk this morning. I had a hard time prying myself out of bed. When I did finally make it outside, it was cold. Part of my walking route includes an area that is all open fields. When I got to that spot this morning, it felt like the icy winds were going to blow right through me. I only walked two miles and got back inside as quickly as possible. It's been hard to walk this week with the snow on the ground because they really haven't cleaned the streets very well. There's still a lot of snow in some places where it has blown out onto the pavement. The sidewalks are not cleared at all.
I am really grateful that I was able to buy an iPod Shuffle with a gift certificate I received for my birthday. I've loaded it up with music and it really helps my walk seem to go faster. I've got an eclectic collection of songs and I kind of like not know what song is going to play next. A Christian praise chorus is followed by Elvis singing Hound Dog followed by John Mellencamp's Peaceful World. Digital music players are truly marvelous inventions.
I'm looking forward to the weekend. My sister Shelly and nephew Michael are coming up to Cincinnati from Tennessee tomorrow and will be staying at my sister Stacey's home through the weekend. We are going to have our Christmas gift exchange that got postponed a few weeks ago. I also think playing games will be in my future. I am really excited about that.
Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment