Friday, January 28, 2011

Four Mile Day Tomorrow

Tomorrow will be a four mile walking day on my preparation for walking the half-marathon. My friend Karen and I are going to meet at Wal-Mart in the morning and walk. It's supposed to be a bit warmer here tomorrow but we walked at Wal-Mart last week and it wasn't too bad. There are not too many people there if you go early enough.
I think I will do fine walking four miles. It's when we get up into the longer distances that I'm more worried about. As I've written before, when I think about walking 13.1 miles it overwhelms me. I know this is all part of the process of preparation. I still wonder and worry about being able to walk that far.
I'm grateful for my friend Karen and my sister Stacey who are helping to hold me accountable. I think having people to help me along this journey is going to be key to my success.
I am determined to give the half-marathon my best attempt. I think it will give me a huge sense of accomplishment in my life. I also hope that one of the by-products will be a more healthy body.
I'll let you know tomorrow how I feel after the four miles. For now, I'm headed to bed. It's been another long day and I'm tired.
Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment