Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year's Confession

We celebrated Communion today at my church. It was a good service and Communion is always a great way to start off the new year.
As a part of the Communion liturgy, we prayed together a prayer of confession. As we prayed together as a congregation, the words really pierced my heart. I thought I would share this prayer of confession with you.

O God, as we begin a new year, we confess our sin in the year that is past. We have often sought our own welfare and not the welfare of others. We have complained about the state of the world while doing little to change it. we have spent time worrying and talking that should have been spent praying and listening. We have invested energy in our appearances that should have been invested in the renewal of our hearts and minds. Forgive us, we pray, and make us new persons in Christ. Let the new year be what the old year should have been. Amen.

It's back to work for me tomorrow. I'm hoping to find a lot of applications for home ownership to process. I hope you have a great week. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment