Monday, January 3, 2011

First Day Back to Work

This was my first back to work after being off for about ten days. It was not as rough as I thought it might be. It did seem to take me much longer than I wanted for me to answer all of my emails and respond to voice mails. I then tried to prioritize what I needed to get done this week. I spent most of the day just trying to play catch-up. Overall it was a pretty good day. I was grateful to be back. While I liked being a sloth for a week, I also realize how much I need the routine and discipline that work brings to my life.
One of the neat things during the day was the my friend Karen made me a calendar that has the training schedule on it in preparation for walking the half-marathon. It' going to be a wonderful tool that will hopefully help me to keep on track and stay focused as I prepare myself for walking 13.1 miles. It scares me a bit when I think about it but I am determined to give it my best. I look upon doing the half-marathon as a kind of spiritual discipline and well as physical exercise. It will be good for me on so many levels.
I hope you had a good Monday. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment