Friday, January 7, 2011

Winter Weekend

It sounds like this is going to be a cold, snowy weekend. Of course, the amount of snow we are supposed to get will be very small but snow in general seems to put all of Cincinnati in a state of anxiety. It snowed today and I drove by the grocery store on my way home from work and the parking lot was full. I guess people are hoarding food again in case they are trapped in their homes by the additional dusting to inch of snow that we are supposed to get.
I am going to use this winter weekend to stay in as much as possible and simply enjoy the weekend. I do need to run some errands and plan to go to church on Sunday, but beyond that I want to try a new crock pot recipe, read, watch some Netflix, and do some writing. I also need to do some walking as a part of my pre-marathon training.
I come to this weekend after being back to work with a real sense of gratitude It is a time to do stuff I need to get done. It is also a time to do stuff that I want to do. It's down time. It's quiet time. It's worship time. It's cleaning time. It's laundry time. It's writing time. It's movie time. It's time to pause and give thanks to God for the gift of work and the gift of rest.
I hope you have a great weekend. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment