Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Audit

Our auditors were in today at the Habitat for Humanity office. Each year all affiliates are required by Habitat for Humanity International to have their books audited. I'm not exactly sure what all happens in an audit. I don't know if they just check the book keepers math or look for signs of misappropriations of funds. I know most big companies have annual audits and still people find ways to embezzle. It's like all these big banks on Wall Street that got all of the government bailout money. Wasn't someone auditing them? Didn't someone see that something was really wrong? Maybe that's not the purpose of an audit. Like I said, I'm not exactly sure what all happens in an audit. All I know is that the auditors have our bookkeeper busy answering all kinds of questions about all kinds of things.
I have stuffed up sinuses again. I'm heading to bed early tonight with the hope that this will all be better in the morning. I hope you are having a great week. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment