Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Memo

[The] Management was contacted by The City of Hamilton Police Department with a request that we send a "General" reminder that you are in city limits, please be aware that it is against city ordinance 549.16 to shoot a gun of ANY type within the city limits. This includes but is not limited to pellet or BB guns. Whoever violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor of the fourth degree.

I received the above memo from the management of my apartment complex. I'm not really sure what to think of this. I don't know if this is to gently inform residents who have been firing off their guns or if there have been kids shooting off their BB guns.
The first thing I thought about was the movie A Christmas Story. It would have been better had the management added the line "you're going to put your eye out if you're not careful." Of course, then I started to worry about my neighbors putting my eye out. So far, I haven't seen or heard anyone firing their guns in revolt to this memo. I'll let you know if I hear any shots fired in my neighborhood.
Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment