Sunday, August 29, 2010

The Tie that Binds

Today in worship we sang this wonderful hymn of the church. The sermon was about a faith that makes a difference. The pastor reminded us that our faith is not just something that we keep to ourselves. Instead, we are called to make a difference in the lives of others. One of the ways we do this is to connect with others in faith and community. Grace draws us together from different backgrounds and life experiences. Grace unites us when nothing else can. Grace pushes us on toward the goal.
Today was a good reminder for me of my need for community. As an introvert, I sometimes find myself living like a hermit. I am not a very social person and yet I need community. I need others who are going to challenge me and support me in this journey. I need people who will hold me accountable and encourage me. I need the gifts that others bring to this world. I need the tie that binds me to others in Christian love.
Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment