Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sermon Written and Ready to Go

My sermon for tomorrow at my sister Stacey and brother-in-law Rob's church is written and ready for worship tomorrow. I am feeling a little nervous about it. I hope that through my preparation and delivery, God will help me to be in ministry to this congregation. I also hope that what comes from my mouth will be from God and not Kevin. I would appreciate your prayers.I had a great time with my nephew Cameron today. We spent the morning and a few hours into the afternoon together while his parents were at a training workshop for a program at their church. We went to breakfast at McDonald's together. We watched an episode of iCarly. We played several rounds of Phase 10. Cameron also tried to get me to play a video game on the X-Box. I had no idea what I was doing and relied on him to tell me when to push a button. In spite of my complete lack of knowledge about video games, I am so grateful for the time we spent together today.
I also had an answer to prayer about my car. I think my check engine light might have come on because my gas cap wasn't on tight enough. I say this because I filled up today and it was kind of loose when I went to take it off. After I filled up and put the gas tank cap on again, I noticed my check engine light was no longer on. That's a good thing. I will watch it but I think I will hold off taking it into the mechanic this week.
I hope you are having a great weekend. I'll let you know how tomorrow goes. Thanks for your prayers and for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment