Sunday, August 22, 2010

Back in the Pulpit Again

Thank you very much for your prayers for my sermon this morning. It seemed to go very well. I did run over time a bit, but no one said anything. I wasn't sure that I really connected with the people of the congregation but some folks thanked me after the service and no one threw rotten vegetables at me.
I tried to speak the congregation where they were and remind them that even though they are in the midst of transition and change, they are still God's people and God has mission and ministry for them to carry out. Even though they might be tempted during this time without a pastor to circle the wagons and just care for themselved, that there are a whole lot of hurting and broken people out in the world who do not know about God's love. I hope that something I said impacted someone in some way.
One of the best parts of the service for me was witnessing my sister Stacey and brother-in-law Rob be received into the membership of the church. I was so happy for them and offered my thanks to the congregation for offering a community of love and support for them and my nephew Cameron.
A group from the church went to my favorited Chinese buffet after the service. As always it was wonderfully delicious.
I'm off tomorrow. I plan to run some errands and then just relax before heading back to work on Tuesday. I'm almost at the end of my three-day weekend summer. I think I will not mind going back to five day work weeks.
I hope you've had a good weekend. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment