Monday, August 9, 2010

The Other Guys

I treated myself to a movie again today. It was hot here and a cool movie theater sounded good. My friend Karen and her kids invited me to go along with them. We saw the comedy The Other Guys. It stars Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg. It was hilarious. I don't think I've laughed that much since I saw Mall Cop. It's a spoof on police drama/action films. There are really some amazing action scenes. A lot of cars were crashed to make the movie. However, the best part of it is the comedy. Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg are great. Ferrell is a nerdy police officer who loves paperwork. He doesn't want to go out on the beat or be in a high speed chase. Mark Wahlberg is a police officer who fired his weapon in the line of duty and is put on desk assignment. Wahlberg's character hates this. They are partners and you can already see how the interaction between the two characters is going to be great.
I was laughing out loud at the crazy antics in the movie. However, even more than that are some of the lines. They crack me up. I know it was a lot of middle school humor but it was funny to me. It was fun just to laugh and enjoy a movie with friends.
It's back to work tomorrow for me. It's going to be another busy week. I am looking forward to the challenges that are before me. I am hoping that we received more applications for Habitat's home ownership program. We still need to reach more families. I would appreciate your prayers for this.
Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment