Friday, August 20, 2010

Busy Weekend Ahead

Thank you so much for your prayers for the home visit I did with a family today for my work with Habitat for Humanity. I really enjoyed working with the volunteer who accompanied me on the visit. It was also good to learn more of this particular family's story and journey. I don't know what the Family Services Committee and Board of Directors will decide about their application. We certainly were able to determine that they have need for a safe, decent, affordable home.
I have a busy weekend ahead of me. Tomorrow I am going to sit for my nephew Cameron while his parents are aware. I have a feeling that episodes of iCarly may be in my future. It will be good to spend time with Cameron.
I also need to finish up my sermon tomorrow. Yes, I'm not done with it yet. Some habits never die even when you're out of the pulpit for a while. I have an outline and I think I know what illustrations I'm going to use. I just need to put it all together.
Sunday I will be preaching. I would appreciate your prayers for that. I'm feeling a little nervous about it. I'm sure it will be fine but I still get anxious when I think about it. After worship we are going to my favorite Chinese buffet restaurant. I can't wait for that. I know it will be yummy!
Monday I've got to take my car in for repairs. The infamous "Check Engine" light has come on. This is never usually a cheap thing. I hope it's not too serious.
I hope you have a good weekend. Thanks for your prayers and for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment