Monday, August 23, 2010

New Printer

I had to go out and buy a new printer for my computer today. I really didn't want to but I had no choice. My old printer simply stopped working. I tried everything to try to coax it into doing something and it just flashed lights at me and then went totally dead. I guess these things are not designed to last very long. I've had this printer for about 6 years. I don't do much printing but I guess 6 years is more than a printer can handle.
I went to the store just to buy a very simple printer. I didn't want a scanner or something to print photos. I don't take pictures. I just wanted something that would allow me to print the few things that I print on a regular basis. However, finding a very simple printer that just prints is not as easy as it sounds. In fact, I couldn't find any printer that wasn't a scanner, a fax, a copy machine, and a printer all in wrapped up together. So, that's what I ended up getting.
I'm still trying to figure out how it all works. I've been trying to read the directions and figure out where to put the paper. It seems kind of complicated. I guess the simple days of just printing are over. While I'm sure having a scanner and a copier will be handy, I'm not sure I'll ever use the fax function. I'm not even sure I can do that without a phone line. I have definitely reached my technological knowledge.
I hope you have had a great start to your week. It's back to work for me tomorrow. I have tons to do at work. Our auditor will be in the office all next week. I don't think I have to deal with him but I know there will be a lot of extra work for some of my co-workers.
Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment