Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Nice Surprise

I had a wonderful surprise today. My friend Cathy and her new husband  Ron (who is a semi-truck driver), met me for lunch today. Ron had to pick up a load in Fairfield, Ohio which is right next to Hamilton where I live and near where I work. Cathy called me up and wanted to know if I could meet them. Of course, figuring out where they could park their semi-truck was a little tricky but we figured it out.
We had a very nice lunch and were able to catch up a bit with one another. I enjoyed our time very much. Right before we parted, they gave me a wonderful gift. I got to go inside the cab of the truck. I have never been in the cab of a semi before. It was really cool. It had bunk beds and mini-fridge and a place to hang clothes and all kinds of cool gadgets and gages. It was awesome. I wanted to break out in singing "Convoy" but I refrained.
Tonight I am grateful to God for the blessings of friends and really big trucks. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment