Thursday, August 19, 2010

Home Visit Tomorrow

I'm going on another home visit for one of our Habitat for Humanity applicant families tomorrow. I am looking forward to it in some ways. I really like getting out into the various communities that we serve and meeting families and talking with them. I met this family before and talked with them by phone. It will be good to catch up with them since we last spoke.
The part I'm not looking forward to is documenting the substandard conditions in which they live. This is always the most difficult for me. While this family is doing the best they can, they most likely live in conditions that most of us would find very challenging in which to live. I'm not sure what all of the issues are for this family but I know that as I interview them, hear their story, and walk through their home, I will be reminded again of the vital importance of the ministry and mission of Habitat for Humanity. Each day we strive to eliminate poverty housing from the face of the earth. With every swing of the hammer, families become one step closer to becoming home owners of safe, decent, and affordable houses.
It continues to be a honor and privilege to be a part of such a wonderful ministry. I would appreciate you prayers as I conduct this home visit. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment