Thursday, August 5, 2010

New Applications

I have been asking for your prayers for our family recruitment efforts at TriState Habitat for Humanity. This week has been an answer to prayers in this area of my work with Habitat. We received a new bunch of applications for our home ownership program and I have been keeping busy processing them.
Each time we receive a new application, I pause and say a prayer over it before I look at it. I pray that God will give me wisdom and focus as I go about my work. I also pray for the family and their current circumstances as they struggle to live in substandard conditions.
It is always an honor for me to look over applications. It's a kind of sacred trust. They have to share some very personal information about their family, their living conditions, and their finances. I sometimes find myself stopping to pray again as I see the evidence of a family in great need. Even if we cannot partner with a family, work hard to treat each application with respect and do my best to offer them resources that may help them in their journey.
So, thanks for your prayers. Please keep them coming. I just got word today that we may have the opportunity to serve a multi-block area in a city in our service area through the new Neighborhood Revitalization Initiative. We are going to need to find new families with whom to partner as we move forward. This means I am going to have to really ramp up my recruitment efforts. It's a bit overwhelming but also truly amazing to be a part of such a wonderful affiliate that continues to grow and expand our mission to eliminate poverty housing from the face of the earth.
Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment