Friday, August 13, 2010

It Was Red and Yellow and Green and Brown and Scarlet and Black and Ochre and Peach and . . .

It was red and yellow and green and brown
And scarlet and black and ochre and peach
And ruby and olive and violet and fawn
And lilac and gold and chocolate and mauve
And cream and crimson and silver and rose
And azure and lemon and russet and grey
And purple and white and pink and orange
And red and yellow and green and brown and
Scarlet and black and ochre and peach
And ruby and olive and violet and fawn
And lilac and gold and chocolate and mauve
And cream and crimson and silver and rose
And azure and lemon and russet and grey
And purple and white and pink and orange
And blue

- Joseph's Coat, lyrics by Tim Rice
- from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat by Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber

I went to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat tonight in the Blue Ash area of Cincinnati. It was a community theater production. There was a large cast of children, teens and adults to brought the play to life in an outdoor amphitheater.
While I would have preferred an air conditioned theater indoors, the play was pretty good. It was good to hear the songs of this musical that I have seen a few times before. I think what I loved most about it was the really young children who were on stage singing in the children's chorus. For many of them, this was their first theater experience. I could tell that some of them really loved it. They really got into the singing and dance moves. They really seemed to understand. Others were not so involved. I saw one boy who kept yawning a lot. It may have been past his bedtime though.
Overall, it was an enjoyable evening and I'm glad my sister Stacey invited me to go with Rob and Cameron and their friends. I really need to get out and do more of these things. It's great entertainment and a wonderful way to experience my new hometown.
I hope you have a great weekend. Thanks for being a part of my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment